Convert one single file to HTML
Hanz Husseiner
2018-07-19 16:30:08 UTC
Can I convert one single rst file to HTML using MAKE file?. I want to
convert only one file and do not want the make file to convert the rest of
the RST files that already being converted before.... Thank you.
Mhd Shulhan
2018-07-19 17:02:50 UTC
Post by Hanz Husseiner
Can I convert one single rst file to HTML using MAKE file?. I want to
convert only one file and do not want the make file to convert the rest of
the RST files that already being converted before.... Thank you.
As far as I can remember you can use pattern rule syntax to achieve that
[1]. Here is the template,

%.html: %.rst
<converter> $< $@

$< will be replaced with single input file (the right side of colon), while
$@ will be replaced with the input file name plus extension.

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Pattern-Rules.html#Pattern-Rules
Hanz Husseiner