Sphinx Internationalisation
Kai Kaßbohm
2018-04-18 18:05:36 UTC
Using http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/intl.html I use gettext and edit
po-files for some languages. My question is:

If I change filenames in my rst-documenation - and/or if I change the
directory structure: How can I make sure, that these changes are applied to
my po-files? It seems, that filenames matter, don't they? What's the
standard way so that my translation po-files are always properly mapped to
the respective pot files - even if I change filenames?

In other words: From what I read here:
http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/intl.html I think, this is useful for a
finished rst-file structure. But what, if this structure is subject to
change?

Any hints? I am new to internationalisation...
Takayuki Shimizukawa
2018-04-18 22:19:02 UTC
Hi,

Sphinx and sphinx-intl do not have the function of tracking changes in the
file structure and reflecting it in the pot/po files.
If you use the translation memory feature in the translation support
tools/services, no matter how the file structure changes, you can apply
translated messages if the messages are the same.
www.sphinx-doc.org uses transifex as a translation support service.

Regards,
--
Takayuki Shimizukawa
Kai Kaßbohm
2018-04-19 02:55:29 UTC
Hi,

thank you. I will look into transifex and use it then.

Regards,
Kai
Kai Kaßbohm
Takayuki Shimizukawa
2018-04-19 09:24:18 UTC
OSS tools are here:
https://opensource.com/article/17/6/open-source-localization-tools

When I reviewed it earlier, I felt that zanata looks good.
Kai Kaßbohm
2018-04-19 09:38:16 UTC
Thanks. :-)