[ANN] Directive for Ansible Playbook
Mhd Sulhan
2016-10-02 08:16:23 UTC
Hi all,

I just want to share a custom directive for Ansible playbook, so you can
include the playbook file directly and it will automatically show the
top comment as the content and the rest as embedded code.

The script and instruction is at Github gist [1], an example of
screenshot is at imgur [2].

Lastly, I would like to say thank you for all developers who create
and maintain Sphinx software, even its bit painfull when trying
to extending it (due to lack of documentation).

Shulhan
--
[1] https://gist.github.com/shuLhan/e51024a01bc5a485dee4c81ad13b55c4
[2] http://imgur.com/gallery/AYY84
Konstantin Molchanov

shirou
2016-10-05 05:02:11 UTC
It looks very good!

I also have same motivation, use ansible playbook from Sphinx.
So I created sphinxcontrib_ansibleautodoc
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sphinxcontrib_ansibleautodoc

Unlike your tool, this extension searches one task and render only it.
This is because I just want embed some tasks in a document.

Hope it is useful for someone. And if you find some bugs, please file
an issue at github
(https://github.com/shirou/sphinxcontrib-ansibleautodoc)

Thanks,
WAKAYAMA Shirou
Shulhan
2016-10-08 04:30:42 UTC
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 11:34:39 AM UTC+7, Konstantin Molchanov
Post by Konstantin Molchanov
Hi!
Looks useful, thanks! Why not make it a proper sphinxcontrib package and
post it on PyPI?
I am not particularly familiar with Python packaging. This directive is
mostly "monkey patched", written with trial and error, by looking at how
another directive. But, if I have time I will look into it.
Komiya Takeshi
2016-10-06 08:58:27 UTC

Good extension :-)
It would be nice if you post announce to sphinx-users list.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sphinx-users

Many users will welcome your extension.

Thanks,
Shulhan
2016-10-08 04:34:38 UTC
Post by Komiya Takeshi
Hi,
Good extension :-)
It would be nice if you post announce to sphinx-users list.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sphinx-users
Many users will welcome your extension.
Ah, I did not know there is a user group (the Sphinx website did not
mention it [1]). Sorry, if this is not the right group for posting this.

[1] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/develop.html